Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have way too many feelings about the G20 to talk about right now, every time I try to put them into words I fail, let's see if I can try.

I feel horribly, HORRIBLY that I was out of town and missed these protests,

At first I felt like it was great to get out of town, I felt like I needed some escapism and all of my youth's rage and idealism returned to me as soon as I got close to toronto and started hearing about what was happening, the detainment, the disgusting violence of saturday, the disappointment in knowing that the minority who commited random acts of lunacy are overshadowing all the good and positive work of 10,000 marchers at queen's park, who all got shut down and beat up too

The OPP coming into our city and storming it as though it were their own and under siege, instead of it being their current employer. And subsequently the Toronto Police getting the blame for the Queen/Spadina blockade (at least I have been told by someone trapped in it that they were OPP and not Toronto Police).

Too many feelings about all of this! Conversations with women friends last night about how it is weirdly centering and unifying, the right is surprised to be disappointed with the police and the left is surprised to be disappointed by the protesters. sweeping generalization but some truth in it.


I got locked out of my blog somehow for like 5 weeks so there was nothing in it, tons has happened but nothing reportable, just had a big dance show beautiful cottage time loved my life looked for a job, I have had two really good weeks right now, ok byye!

No comments:

Post a Comment