Thursday, December 17, 2009

Things I think about when it is close to Christmas

First and foremost: EMMA IS BACK!!!!




---

Something that I learned from working in a big disgusting retail situation (ie. The Gap) for a year is that there is one benefit to big box retail, and that is that you can get anyone, to do anything, at anytime for you. Most of these stores make more than enough to give you whatever you want, they'd rather you be happy than report to someone that The Gap fucked you over this one time.
This is information i garnered:
-if there is something that you want and they don't have it they will get it to you (I did that)
-if you wore something, didn't like it, rolled in mud, if you tell them somethign was wrong with the item and kick up a fuss, you can return it (I have seen this happen)
-if you bought something, wore it for a year, decided you wanted a different one, you can probably exchange it (I have seen this happen)


It's all really disgusting, and blah blah consumerist pursuit of worldly goods, but pretty interesting I think to see how far people will go on both ends of the spectrum.

---

This week I went out for drinks three nights in a ROW, and only paid for them one night. Monday Emma and I went to Hen House for good times. We each bought a round. Tuesday was my company Christmas party with drinks provided by our most amazing seriously godsend big donor, who then bought us all a bottle of nice red wine, which I took to the 61 Major Christmas party last night. Maybe that could be my new policy? Only get wasted if it's free.

Good thing I didn't drink for like three and a half months at all. Happy holidays, happy hungry hangover days!

---

I would like to blog about things that are more
1. relevant
2. interesting
but this is what comes out of my outh most often, I think because I send all my work/school time coming up with important thoughts about art life and Reasons You Should Give Us Funding.
Blogs aren't a grant application, they're just life, duh

No comments:

Post a Comment